WHAT: Launch of Crufts 2014
WHEN: Tuesday 4th March, 10.30am
WHERE: The NEC, Birmingham (arrival at the Toute Suite from 10.15 and by the main lake for photos)
- Mirror image: Fifteen year old twins, Emily and Katy Wyatt from Hollywood, Birmingham, who will be competing in Young Kennel Club Obedience at Crufts, with Border Collie brother and sister, Chay and Shaun. They will demonstrate their dogs’ obedience skills.
- UK’s top dog: Showing them how it’s done will be Mary Ray from Rugby, with top winning obedience dog in the UK, Levi. Mary invented Heelwork to Music and also performs the renowned Heelwork to Music routine before Crufts Best in Show. She will demonstrate some moves. Levi has been appearing on Channel 4’s Superstar Dogs: Countdown to Crufts. Mary and Levi will this year compete at Crufts in the Dog Obedience Championships and as part of the English team for the Obedience World Cup.
- Young agility talent: YKC members and Crufts agility competitors, ten year old Jack Biddle and his seven year old sister Gemma Biddle, from Temple Grafton, Warwickshire. Jack will be competing at Crufts with Bailey, a Border Collie and Working Cocker Spaniel, Benji and Gemma will compete with Pug cross, Poppy.
Crufts takes place from 6th – 9th March at the NEC in Birmingham and dogs compete in a wide range of competitions from showing, agility and obedience, to heelwork to music, Scruffts and dog hero competition, Friends for Life.
27th February 2014
For further information contact:
Heidi Ancell Tel: 020 7518 1008 Mobile number: 07800 937 070 Email: email@example.com
Jennifer White Tel: 020 7518 1008 Mobile number: 07840 495 635 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
- Watch Crufts on More4 from 6.30pm - 9pm on Thursday 6th March and 6:30pm - 7:30pm on Friday 7th March and on Channel 4 from 7:30pm - 9pm on Friday 7th, and 7pm - 9pm on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th. This will include all of the highlights from the Arena programme, including the presentation to the Friends for Life winner. Also watch Crufts live on the Crufts YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/Crufts.
- For the latest updates you can join the Crufts Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crufts or follow the Kennel Club on twitter.com/KCLovesDogs. Join the conversation #Crufts
- The Kennel Club, organiser of Crufts, is the UK’s largest organisation dedicated to the health and welfare of dogs. At its heart are programmes and investments in education and health initiatives to help dogs across the UK to live long, healthy, happy lives with responsible owners.
- Crufts is a unique celebration of happy, healthy dogs and of the loving relationship that they enjoy with their owners. It recognises the varied roles that dogs play in society and highlights the many different disciplines and activities in which dogs are involved.
- For free downloadable images from Crufts 2014, please go to www.w-w-i.com/crufts_2014/