The Kennel Club is offering a fantastic opportunity for YKC senior members with conversational foreign languages to practice their skills at the world’s greatest dog show, through work experience in the Overseas Lounge at DFS Crufts 2010.
The Overseas Lounge at DFS Crufts has been established for a number of years and during that time its overall role has changed, particularly during the past few years. The lounge is used mainly by overseas dog enthusiasts, who are well versed in the dog world in their own countries, as a meeting place prior to entering the show.
The lounge is staffed by five people and their role is to assist the visitors by providing details of the daily show activities. They also need to take a proactive role in conversing with visitors to establish their interests and contact details.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Overseas Lounge during the show.
- Assist with directing and answering questions from visitors to their points of interest at DFS Crufts.
- Actively collect contact details and further information regarding their interests from overseas visitors.
- Record collected data.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Foreign language skills (to a conversational standard)
Travel expenses will be reimbursed and refreshments provided. Interested candidates must be 18 years or over and should send a letter together with details of their skills and experience to Lucy Smith (email@example.com) by 31st December 2009.
12th October 2009
For further press information, images or interview requests please contact:
The Kennel Club Press Office
020 7518 1008